$1524,44 – $1668,00
New, innovative, ultra high-performance mast that minimizes drag and ventilation while also being stiffer and even more responsive.
Comes with mast cover & M7 screws.
Collaborating with a team of America’s Cup foil engineers, Armie Armstrong set out to develop a high performance mast to take us into the future. Armstrong’s design goal called for a unique blend of strength, stiffness, drag and light weight. Combining CFD analysis with expert insight allowed us to tune each section of the mast from baseplate to fuselage connection for maximum efficiency.
Working with the latest premium composites available, Armie Armstrong torture tested over 100 prototypes to work out the optimal fiber orientation for strength and designed flex. In keeping with our philosophy of strength and light weight, Armie Armstrong redesigned the mast top geometry to shave off every possible extra gram of dead weight.
Structural analysis shows that a combination of both high modulus (HM) and intermediate modulus (IM) carbon fibers best distributes loads throughout various sections of the mast. HM’s stiffness minimizes flex in the mast’s central strut area and IM’s high tensile strength caters to the complex shapes of the top plate and fuselage connection.
The result is a top of the line mast consisting of top shelf materials, new mast section, refined baseplate, reduced drag fuselage connection and new construction method. Proprietary titanium M7 mast top hardware follows suit with a strong, light and drag reducing connection to the board.
These masts are designed with a mast rake angle. This fine tunes the board angle relative to the foil for a more comfortable and forgiving ride. It does not change the lifting force or balance of the foil itself, and it does not impact the foil’s “foot pressure” bias front or back. Board rocker also directly determines effective mast rake – boards from different brands have a variety of different rocker lines which influence rake angle – and more rocker in the rear half of board effectively increases mast rake. The 1 degree of rake we’ve placed specifically into the top of the Performance Mast shape provides three main benefits by adjusting the board relative to the foil underwater:
- By bringing the foil closer to 0 degrees when the board is in the water, drag is reduced which makes takeoffs easier.
- Touching down at speed or landing a jump is more forgiving and there’s less chance of crashing headfirst over the board.
- By lifting the board nose slightly (1 degree = 17.46mm/m), mast rake makes it easier to ride fast without catching the nose at steep riding angles.
Simply put, the Performance Mast range takes the sublime Armstrong feeling further than ever.
|Dimensions||100 × 20 × 20 cm|
1035mm, 795mm, 935mm
Lars Jansen –
Location Qatar, 12/17 kts. Chop
– Mast feels from the first moment of flight stiff with impressive directional control. Turning radius slightly longer then the 85cm A+ mast but very coordinated. Better able to handle breaching and more length available when riding bumps further offshore. Used the mast at the same position as the A+ mast. Significantly flies quicker to the water.
– Other session in lighter conditions with the 1550v2 in gusty conditions same feel. Tested the 1325HA and truly feels like another wing as the wobbly feeling is decimated. Turns really coordinated and predictable. Seems a very good combo in light conditions like 9/16 kts.
– Another session on the kitefoil with the 1050cm2. Mast flies quicker, whereas previously reaching 3 times the actual wind speed now effortless 4 times. Upwind capability exceptional. Overall this wing felt very comfortable from the beginning and progressed amongst the elements expressed above.
Can’t believe a mast has that much impact.
I’m coming from the 72cm mast and the difference is huge compared to the 935mm. No more breaching and much more time for gybes and tacks.
The mast also feels much smoother. Like you just oiled your bike.
Once you try it, you don’t want to go back.